Promoting Your Blog Posts to Increase Traffic
Today is Day #3 of ProBlogger’s 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Challenge. The task for today is to promote the list blog post that we published yesterday. I typically promote each blog post that I write using Facebook and Twitter to drive traffic. Yesterday’s post was no different. In fact, within 5 minutes of posting the link on Twitter I had already received 19 click-thrus on the link. I also have my blog set up to feed into several other social networking sites on which I am present – such as Smaller Indiana and LinkedIn. These have been relatively effective in increasing traffic, but I am always looking for other avenues to explore.
ProBlogger has listed some additional ways to promote your blog within this task a few of which include:
- Asking another blogger with relevant content to your post to include a link back over to your blog – it may take some time to develop these relationships before you are comfortable asking
- Including your blog URL in your email signature – don’t forget your blog is a part of your contact information
- Email marketing – this is a great way to see an immediate, significant impact
- Post comments on other blogs – a great way to develop reciprocal linking relationships
- Followup posts that build off of previous posts within your blog to increase momentum – this was my personal favorite and one I will immediately implement
These were just a few that stood out to me. You can read the full list of 11 Ways to Promote a Blog Post here.
So…I am in interested in your feedback. What have you found to be an effective way to promote your blog? Do you promote individual posts or your blog as a whole? Please share in the comments.