7 Reasons Video is Important In Blogs & Social Media
Today is Day 2 of ProBlogger’s 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Challenge. Still being a little unsure what to expect each day of the challenge, I was relieved when the homework assignment to write a list in a blog post appeared in my inbox today. Not that I don’t like a good challenge, but this one happened to come with perfect timing.
A few of us at Fusework Studios were recently invited to be guests on one of our favorite weekly blog shows – Brandswag TV. The topic for this week’s webisode was The beauty of video blogging. Ironically enough, our conversations within this video turned into a list on why video is important in social media and on the web. Check out a few of our points below!
2. Video delivers content in a way that adds interactivity – hearing, seeing, connecting. Very powerful.
3. Video encourages sharing – people are very likely to share a great video online…this can make your video go viral fast.
4. Video in social media the perfect way to show personality. Don’t just be a profile or screen name. Be a real person. Use video from time to time.
5. Video is an entertaining way to deliver a message. It is very easy to include graphics, sound effects, etc. that make the message effective and engaging at the same time.
6. Video is quick and to the point. A ton of content can be overwhelming. Especially when you can convey the same point in a 1 minute video.
7. Video is fun. It’s always nice to take a break from writing blog post after blog post t0 record a video. A great way to combat writer’s block.